Budgetnista Spring Updates - Garnerstyle

Budgetnista Spring Updates


Ross Plus Size clothing, Plus size flare skirt
When spring rolls around I am doing two things.  The first is to see what I have in my closet from the previous seasons that will work in the spring.  The second is to seek out easy and inexpensive updates to my wardrobe that will be easy to transition my current wardrobe into spring.  I picked up some cute items from Ross Dress for Less for ways to make old items feel new.  Each top, necklace, and the fun cream/beige backpack are from Ross.
 The navy/white chevron top came with the neon necklace and the coral top came with the necklace worn with it. Getting two items for the price of one is definitely a bargain.  The tops with necklaces were under $16 a piece and you can use the necklaces with other outfits. That is always fun.  My total for 3 tops with necklaces and a bag was under $70.  I was able to pair with items already in my closet and make 3 looks.  All tops were found in their plus size section.  Here are some bargain hunting tips as well:

Bargain Hunting Tips

  • Classic prints = Expensive look:  No matter how much I pay for something, I always want it to look expensive.  I stick to classic prints like this gingham top and the chevron. Other prints you can look for are stripes, plaid, and polka dots.  
  • Nude = Expensive look: I chose the backpack, because the white/nude combo looked chic and expensive.  Neutral tones to look for are beige, blush, and taupe. 
  • Choose cheap tops to upgrade your flare skirts with.  Pair them perfectly and they could look like a dress instead of two pieces, which will get  more wear out of your skirts. 


Ross Plus Size clothing, Plus size flare skirt

Ross Plus Size clothing, Plus size flare skirt

Ross Plus Size clothing, Plus size flare skirt

Thank you Ross for sponsoring this post.

No comments